The night of Bloc Party, I got home at 12.30 am, and had to wake up at 5.30. Got to class on time (7 am), running on a can of coffee. I still couldn't get over the night before, refused to take off the bracelet, and doodled lyrics on papers all morning.
March 20 was a beautiful night. The last concert I went to was Tame Impala, October 2011. I was craving for some awesome live shows, obviously. Then, came 2013, with all them concerts. The first one was Bloc Party, a band I've always been fond of since junior high.
The Adams opened for them, and they performed beautifully. Took me back to the old pensi days, they're still as awesome as ever. They sang all the songs I love, like Hanya Kau, Konservatif, Berwisata, etc. Berwisata was amazing. People sang along during Konservatif, which was also amazing. They communicate well, and were funny. Great choice for an opening act.
About an hour after The Adams performed, Bloc Party started playing. God, they really brought the party!!! They started with So He Begins To Lie, as usual. Played a lot of songs from Four. Kele was so much fun, danced around, talked, joked and all. Matt Tong was topless, only wearing short shorts. The girls went crazy, of course. The highlights for me were Waiting for 7.18, Octopus, Banquet, Hunting For Witches, This Modern Love, and of course the awesome second encore: Sunday, Like Eating Glass, and the banging closing: Helicopter. They didn't play So Here We Are, I Still Remember, nor The Prayer, so that's kinda a bummer. But I had so much fun, they played GREAT, I headbanged and danced through the night. I was in the frontest row by the way, smack dab in the middle, right in front of Kele. Amazing, amazing, amazing.
Next? The Kooks, Blur, and Sigur Ros. Welcome, the year of concerts!
I won an auction on Female Daily recently, I got these babies for only ~$5! Played with em immediately, since I LOOOVE colored eyeliner. Who knew, coral eyeliner brightens up my eyes!
You can use this to turn any shadow into a gel liner, and/or use this on your brush to use your shadows wet. Stays on really well!
This is the contents of a makeup bag I bring daily, just in case I need to go somewhere after classes. (No, I don't wear all this to class)
- Stila's Merry and Bright palette: awesome for travel, sheer but pretty eyeshadows with a pretty Convertible Color
- The Skin Food Aloe BB Cream: SPF, nice coverage, smooth, light
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara: HG. Great curl, lift, volume, length, staying power, and price!
- Eyelash curler: I got this from Guardian, just some random brand
- Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder: GREAT oil control
- Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface: a pretty pink
- Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Honey: my perfect MLBB shade, stains bright pink which is awesome. I usually bring a red lipstick too, just in case
- Etude Drawing Eyebrow Pencil in Grey Brown: fits my brow color nicely
- NYX Slide On Pencil in Brown Perfection: brown liners are just easy
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in Yogurt: for waterline and base
- Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant: brightens my undereyes
- Coastal Scents Tapered Blending Brush: an easy brush
- Tarte Blush Brush: picks up pigment beautifully
These products allow me to have a pretty and natural look really quick!
A year ago I wrote about my only luxury item in the beauty department, which was this palette. I loved it because it was Dior, but I thought I wouldn't get much use out of it because the blush seemed too light and I thought I would never use a light pink and light blue eyeshadow. Now I'm exploring eyeshadows a bit more, and I gotta say, I am now ABSOLUTELY in love with this palette. Spring is coming, and I had this urge one night to play with the blue color. Turns out, it's a duochrome!! It's baby blue with a purplish sheen that is super gorgeous when paired with the grey. So very spring. And the pink eyeshadow works beautifully too. I'm really glad I decided to branch out in my eyeshadow choices. I used to wear no eyeshadow or just neutrals, but now I'm loving purples and blues and pinks. Pinks especially!
I like to wear the baby blue all over my lid with the grey on the crease, lush lashes, peachy cheeks, and coral/pink lips.
Divine texture, no fall out, blends like a dream. Well, it's Dior.
With this post, welcome Spring looks!